Friday 15 February 2013

The man who CAN be moved...



They say a picture tells a thousand words. But some however asks a question, like this one. "What is the point of this picture?" On my commute from City Gate to the National Library I usually take the same route; up Fredrick Street and across Queen Street. On passing along Queen Street I always see a specific socially displaced, blind and begging from the pedestrians religiously sitting in a corner of a building, the corner in the picture. On this particular day I had a Digestive biscuit in my bag so I decided to save it for him to have. I went to have lunch, however I did not finish it so I decided I would give it to this faithful resident of Queen Street (and simultaneously thought "This is an epic pic for my blog!!!!") To my disappointment, I was greeted by the wrapping of the biscuit I had earlier given him, as seen in the picture. He was now gone... To where I have not a clue. Yes people...the man CAN be moved!!!






4 comments:

  1. really like your concept here,this could be any corner, anywhere.. and the fact that it's seems so inconspicuous is what really makes it unique, because for someone else, this corner could be home! Great concept and unique photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Downtown for your thoughts! I do appreciate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little bit not understanding. Can you tell us more? Surely the gentleman must pee, get water, stretch his legs... .

    I like the story!

    ReplyDelete